Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Friday, August 11, 2006

The First Week

The past week has been a flurry of learning, coping, and comforting for the Castady family. I think everyone in the family would agree that we have learned far more than any of us would like to know about this scary type of cancer that has attacked our Mother's body. Everyone involved has gone through the full gamut of emotions, from shock, anger, and frustration, to sadness and denial. And then, finally, determination. Determination to be strong through this. Determination to put our faith in The Lord. Determination to beat this. Yes, it will be a long uphill battle, but I don't think anyone among us doubts that if anyone can tackle this mountain, it's our mom.

She truly is a special woman. While most people who know my mom think of her as a compassionate loving person, which is completely true, there is so much more to her. Inside of my mom, lives a pitbull. How else could someone live in pain for almost a year while doctors continued to tell her nothing was wrong with her? How else could someone raise six kids on a very tight budget and still somehow show so much love to all of them? How else could someone stare in the face of cancer and not even blink. Yes, with her Family and her Savior at her side, my mom is ready for this battle.

This blog will give updates on our mom as she fights through this. This blog will relay stories from the frontline as she undergoes treatment. This blog will also talk about the memories that our mom created for those she loved. This blog will be about our mom and all that she is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, just happened to be looking for the name Castady and this name came up. I am a Castady also, "maiden name", my father was Louis Castady, who was George Castady's younger brother. I am sure your Mother and Father would remember my mom and dad. When my mother Elizabeth was dying of Cancer back in 1973, they were both a very big comfort to her and my father, I was only 10 at the time. I remember a little girl, Leah, I think her name was? your Mom and Dad would play guitar and sing together, "they sounded so good together". My mother passed away that year and my father in 1982 of cancer also. Both were young and I hardly had a chance to get to know them. I remember your parents were very caring in theyre time of need. I just wanted to let you know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Susan

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com