Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Seeking Your Prayers...

It's amazing how your life can change in the blink of an eye. One day you're fretting about the stupidest little details... wedding invitations, head counts, finding the right shoes... and the next you are run over with a crisis that makes you long for those silly little "problems" you were worrying about yesterday. Suddenly, your life is forever changed. You will never be the same person you were yesterday. The moment I found out my Mom might have cancer, my heart broke. The moment it was confirmed, those broken pieces shattered into a million tiny particles. From those particles I am trying to rebuild my heart into a vessel of faith, hope, and strength, and it can only be achieved through my savior, Jesus Christ. I am leaning on Him now more than I ever have in my life, and He is my only source of real comfort through this. Only God is capable of performing the miracle that my Mom SO needs right now. The doctors say, she can be treated, but she can't be cured. I say... how about we let the Lord have the final word on that?

I enlist your prayers, whoever might be reading this. My Mom is the single most loving, giving, sweet, kind, faithful, and amazingly selfless person I have ever known in this world. I hit the jackpot being born to someone who is so perfect in my eyes. She has been my teacher, my inspiration, and my friend for my entire life, and all I want to be someday, is just like her. I only pray that God's will is not to take her home just yet, because she is so loved and needed here on this earth. But I do pray first and foremost that he will take her pain away, and make her suffering stop. She loves God more than anything and she is not afraid. Through the oceans of tears we have all shed in the past week and a half, I have not seen my Mom shed even one. She is the strongest person I know, and she is a fighter. She is my hero. I love her so much and I just can't stop asking anyone and everyone to pray for her. Please pray for my Mom.

Thanks.
Becky

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Becky. I love her like a sister. I'm just letting you know family that god hears your cries and prayers and He knows. I'm keeping the entire family in prayer daily and just keep the faith. Unfortuately I lost my mom from colon cancer when I was in high school. As I grew closer to Christ I've seen his healing power work. So I'm telling you family that I know that god is a healer. I know that everything is all in his hands. I'm speaking healing in Jeanette's Body right now. I have a cousin on my mother side that is a living witness of overcoming cancer. Keep the faith family and stand strong and watch what God can do. Below are some encouragements for you! Read It And Be Bless By It!

Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends, red lights called Enemies, caution lights called Family. You will have flats called Jobs. But, if
you have a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success.




Whisper Jesus

Today I got a burden,
And I felt that I should pray,
For God's spirit seemed to tell me,
That you were having a bad day.
I don't know just what that problem is,
But I sure do know the cure,
And if you'll only let Him,
God will keep you safe and secure.
In life there's always problems,
Cropping up to spoil our day,
But my friend, you know the answer,
All you have to do is "Pray".
If you still feel you're defeated,
And you want to run and hide,
Just reach out and I'll be there,
Standing right there by your side.
So remember...Whisper Jesus,
For He's just a prayer away,
He's so close that you can touch Him,
All you have to do is "Pray".

Love,
Joy

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com