Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

5 years

5 years today. Half a decade. I had something long and poignant written out but I just don't want to be the person that wallows in grief, and it's so easy to do that on this anniversary each year. You wouldn't want that, and neither do I. Instead I am just going to be grateful that the pain we endured 5 years ago is behind us, and we have been able to do a lot of healing. I want to at least honor your memory by posting here today and saying: I MISS YOU. I LOVE YOU. I WISH YOU WERE HERE. Life has gone on Mom, but I will never go a day without thinking of you, and missing you, and wondering how things would be different if you were a part of our every day life. I tell Cameron about you all the time, what an amazing, beautiful person his grandma was. You mean the world to me, always and forever. I love you so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com