Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Treatment Update #2

I guess in the grand scheme of things, it was a good weekend for our mom. On Friday we assumed that the port would get put in on Saturday and then we'd wait until Monday before Mom would get her first Chemotherapy treatment. However, due to a few people working extremely hard on my Mom's behalf, she was able to get the port put in on Saturday morning and then recieved her first chemo treatment later that same day. Going forward, mom will recieve one does of Gemzar per week, most likely administered on Fridays, and then she will take an oral medication of Tarceva everyday.

I think everyone was very interested in seeing how Mom would react to the first batch of Gemzar. From what we can tell, there doesn't seem to be any real significant side effects yet. Her appetite is, if anything, better now than it was prior to recieving her first dose. She has been in good spirits, but is still tired, most likely related to the pain medication that she is taking.

Mom is still being surrounded by love and is getting regular visits from friends, family, and pretty much anyone else who has heard the news. While I wish that I could have found this out under different circumstances, I must say that it is truly inspiring to see how my mom has touched and impacted so many people's lives.

4 Comments:

Blogger cathieb said...

Praying for you all.
I am a friend of Leah and you all are in my prayers.

~Cathie~
AKA The Bee Lady

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will continue to pray for your Mom..and your family.
From another friend of Leah's....

Blessings,
Laurie

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanette has always shown us the strength of faith in our Lord, more now than ever before. We (myself and her friends at EMH) will continue to pray for her and all her loved ones. Our new motto has become WWJD, What would Jeanette do?
Kris Knight

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. I check the blog each day. It was nice to spend some time with your Mom last Friday after Abby's shower. Julie and I will keep her,(and you) and my brother George in our prayers.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com