Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Sunday, December 09, 2012

Little Reminders

Hi Mom, So it's that time of year again, the Christmas season with all it's excitement and joy and music and lights... so many things you loved when you were here. It makes me miss you but I'm also so thankful that I have a growing family of my own to enjoy the season with in a whole new way. And I have what will be your 17th grandchild waiting in the womb for his or her debut in May! The only bittersweet thing I can think of about parenthood is the fact that my kids will never know you. And that you'll never know them, although it's my hope that you're given a sneak peek from Heaven. Cameron is a few weeks shy of 2 years old, and he makes me more proud than I could ever put into words. Every time he grins at me and says something silly (he never stops talking... he is his mother's child) I think of you and how much you would adore and get a kick out of him. Today he was rifling through my purse and he brought me an envelope that I got at this Christmas breakfast I went to at church recently. I had forgotten all about it. It said "open in case of emergency" on it. Everyone at the breakfast got them, and they were encouraging Bible verses that were chosen by 5th and 6th graders to hand out to all the women at the breakfast. So I open it today, over a week later, and guess what verse is on the note card? Psalm 27:14. Your life verse (well one of the verses). The verse that is on this blog and will always remind me of you. It's crazy to me that of all the women at this breakfast it ended up in my hands. Little things like this I know are God's way of letting me know that both He and you are always with me. I love you and miss you every day Mom. I will be thinking you with a warm heart this Christmas season. Love, Becky

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jamie said...

That's a true sign Beck! Your mom is looking down helping baby Hayes to grow big and strong for you. Such a great story it made me feel like that was her way of giving you a great big hug!!

Jamie

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com