Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Taking the Good With the Bad

First, I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. You have all been so wonderful, and we are thankful for each and every one of you.

Now, I want to use this entry as an opportunity to shed some positive light on all of this. Out of every terrible, heartbreaking situation, I have learned that good things can come too. While my mom having cancer is the worst, most painful nightmare I've ever endured, it has also caused some very amazing things to happen all around us. It has turned lives around, caused people to embrace the Lord and turn away from their selfish habits, and brought an already close family even closer. I speak for myself personally when I say that my own selfish pursuits are of not of the world I now live in. God is working in my life, and working in the lives of so many people around me.

Not only that, but I've never, EVER in my life seen such an outpouring of love and support first hand! There is nobody who doesn't want to help, whether it's lending an ear, a shoulder to cry on, a home cooked meal, or most importantly, a prayer. If I had a nickel for every person who has offered to help, I would be a very rich person. But I feel rich anyway. Rich in love, from God, to my family & friends, to complete strangers who are praying for us. And despite the pain she is in, I know my mom is beaming inside at the changes she is seeing in our lives. It's been her prayer for a lot longer than any of us probably even know. Today I just feel very encouraged, and full of hope, and I hoped that might be contagious for anyone reading. Keep praying! :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky,
Just wanted to say We love your mom and the whole family. You posting today touched me. I too have learned that through all things even bad comes good. It is amazing how God works his wonders. We will keep praying for Auntie Jeanette and all of you.
Theresa

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a stellar observation: That with this terrible thing comes (further) evidence of the Divine in our lives. Beautiful poetry.

I follow here daily. Thanks for this.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great Becky, nobody could have put it into words better.
Love,
Georgie

2:08 AM  
Blogger Jon and Kristyn Ritner said...

I just love you and I get choked up everytime I read another amazing entry from your family.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com