Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wedding Update

As most of our friends and family are aware, my fiancé Rocky and I are getting married in a couple of weeks. A big goal of my mom’s has been to be in the front row on this special day. I want to say first and foremost that I have every bit of hope that this will still be possible. But we have come to face the reality that counting on that level of strength and energy out of her right now is probably not fair to her. We don’t want to seem pessimistic by ANY means, but this is something that has weighed extremely heavy on our minds and hearts over the past week or so.

Anyone who knows my mom knows that she is the most selfless person in the world, and all she wants is what’s best for everyone else. She has always put the wants and needs of her family before her own. I want to put HER desires first this time, and I know she wants to see me get married as much as I want her there. Both Rocky and I want to make sure that happens no matter what, because right now her happiness is our happiness. So while our hope and prayer is that God will give her the strength to be sitting up front on September 22nd, we have decided that we would rather have her see us married twice, than take the chance that she might not be able to see it at all.

On Friday morning, September 8th, Rocky and I are getting married in the Elmhurst Memorial Hospital chapel. It’s going to be a small, intimate service, just immediate family and the pastor. The chapel is very small, with only about 12 seats, so it will be standing room only. But all that matters to us is that my mom is able to see her baby girl get married (when I go see her lately she always says “my baby”, it's so sweet). That means anywhere, any way, no matter how big or small. Her presence will be a gift, and that will make our wedding day complete. We are still going to have our ceremony and reception on the 22nd, and I pray that those of you attending will all have the pleasure of seeing my mom that day. But even if for some reason she isn’t up to it, we will have peace in our hearts knowing she was there for the real deal. And I know she will feel the same way.

I really can’t put into words how much my mom means to me. She is the most influential person to ever touch my life, and I am a better person because I have her as a mother. As much as I try to explain it, I’ll never be able to measure my love for her in words. It’s just not of this vocabulary. I pray with all my heart as I enter this new chapter in my life, that I will be as good a wife to Rocky, and mother to the children we will have someday, as she has been to my dad and all of us kids. It’s a lofty goal, but I have a great teacher.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky, I think this will be a beautiful ceremony that you will remember always. If you need anything at all we will help you (baby sit etc). I hope your mom has a lot of energy and strength Friday to really enjoy this wonderful occasion. Love Aunt Lorraine, Aunt Joanne, Aunt Cathy, Aunt Theresa and Aunt Sharon

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

becky i think thats a wonderful idea, and i know your mom will love every minute of it. love to all
ingrid

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky+ Rocky
Love is a amazing gift from God Your Mom and Dad and your family are true example's of God's many gifts. I will pray for you all on this joyous day, our many angels up in heaven will be looking down on all of you with smiles on there faces and much love in there hearts. Love all of you Terri Levesque

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Becky & Rocky - We wish you both the best - we are so happy that your mom will be there with you to share your special day. Our thoughts and prayers are constantly with all of you. Love, Billy, Dawn and Justine

7:21 PM  
Blogger Jon and Kristyn Ritner said...

OH i just LOVE it!! What a fabulous idea and a moment that you will never forget. Now how many brides can say that they got to wear their ridiculously expensive dress twice? You are going to be just gorgeous and I couldn't be happier for the two of you! I will be praying and thinking of you Friday; I can't wait to hear all about it. Love you!!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Facing the reality of this situation should not be thought of as being pessimistic. After this troublesome time has ended, how will you all look back on it? Make the most of the time you have left.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky, friday will be perfect and the memory will last forever. I couldn't be any happier for you both and I know you and your mother will be absolutely beautiful. Congrats to you both. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Love, Jamie

8:08 AM  
Blogger Daniel Castady said...

This darn blog keeps messing with my tear ducts. So sweet, and well worded. Good job Beck.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky,I'm so happy that your mom has asked me to help her With her hair and makeup for your wedding It will be my pleasure to make her feel beautiful for your special day.Of course I'm thinkinking of this as the practice the the 22nd because I'd be even happier to do it twice.
Love you all, Robin

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

I know Cathi through Marci Campise (marci is my sister in law). I've been reading this blog and I think it's a wonderful tribute to your mom. She sounds like a wonderful person.

I too, found my parent's marriage to be my example and have tried to live by that example. Marriage is a lot of work (my husband Mike and I have been married for 15 years this past May), but with God's help, a strong faith and lots of love, it is well worth it.

Best wishes to you both as you start your new journey. I think what you're doing for your Mom is a beautiful thing.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com