Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Getting Organized - Part Deux

Last night my sisters, sister-in-laws, aunts, and myself had a meeting where we put together a schedule covering who will be with my mom which days & times each week, as well as a list of chores we will cover on a weekly basis at my parents house, meal coverage, medicine schedules and organization, etc. To say the least, it was very productive!

Our finalized schedule ensures that someone is always there to help my mom with whatever she needs from early each morning, to at least 8pm each night. We divided each day into timeslots that all of us "signed up" for. While some of us work during the week days, we are free in the early mornings and evenings, and vice versa. We also signed up for various household chores, from dusting, to vacuuming, to grocery shopping. And we're going to teach my dad and Georgie how to do their own laundry. It should be an educational week! So anyway, it worked out quite nicely. Aside from all this I'm sure there will still be "unscheduled" visitors, and of course, my dad will be there most of the time. But we do want to encourage my dad to feel comfortable leaving to get things done with his real estate and not worry that he is leaving my mom alone. We've got her covered, she will never be alone, that's for sure!

Now my mom might look at this and think we are making a fuss about covering every base. But rest assured mom, this schedule is not just to cover time slots, but also to LIMIT us from being with you every second of the day, all at once. We love you that much, and cherish every possible second we can spend with you. We need to be contained! :)

On a side note, I (and I know everyone else would second this) want to say a very special and heartfelt thank you to our sister-in-law Lauren for organizing last night's meeting, and putting together nice printed out packets with the weekly schedule, chore list, medicine schedule, & phone number list so we can all reach each other. She might be bashful reading this, but it had to be said that she has gone so above and beyond in her love for my mom, and her eagerness to tackle the task of getting things organized. She couldn't do more if it were her own mother, and we are so blessed to have her as a part of our family. Of course EVERYONE is a blessing and is doing so much to help, I just thought she deserved a special mention for last night alone! She is also using her graphic design talents for a lot of things that will contribute to making tomorrow night's benefit show extra special. So again, kudos to Lauren. That Daniel is one lucky guy. We love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon and Kristyn Ritner said...

I'll second that...Lauren is a gem! Daniel is a very lucky man although Laruen didn't do so bad herself! :)

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com