Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Best Dream I Ever Had

Mom,

You came to me in the best dream I ever had a couple days ago. I can't get it out of my head. It was the most amazing, comforting thing that's happened to me since you left this world. You got into bed next to me. Rocky had gone to work. It was SO REAL. You were beautiful. You said you would lay with me for a while. I told you I loved you. You said you knew. You said you didn't want me to be sad. We said "I miss you" at the same time to each other. You had the longest eyelashes. I told you that you looked beautiful, because you did. You pulled me close to you and hugged me, and kissed me on my face... I FELT it, Mom. I felt that kiss on my face. I was under the thinnest veil of sleep. I said "it's like a dream", out loud in my sleep, which is what woke me. All I could do when my eyes opened was cry and say thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord... for letting you visit me, if only in a dream. You're the greatest person I ever knew, and I thank God for giving us to each other, and for every moment we had together. I love you and miss you with every beat of my heart, Mom.

Love Always,
Your Baby Girl (you said it, not me:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com