Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Oh, Mom

I had that dream again last night, where I wake up balling. Sometimes I wonder if Lauren hears me, and just can't bring herself to tell me about it. The hole doesn't really get filled, does it? Nothing can replace you Mom - not that I would ever make that attempt. I find myself ready to go, at any time; but you wouldn't want it that way, would you? You want me to be molded into the man you made me to be with my time down here. I think I believe it less and less that you're actually gone as the years go by. The other day I found myself alone in the van, and I just had to say it out loud- "Are you KIDDING me? She's really gone?" simply unreal. Anyway, I'm just here to express my love one more time. You are missed, irreplaceable and never forgotten!

2 Comments:

Blogger RICK'S RUNNING said...

i hope you don't mind me leaving a comment. i lost my own mum 10 years ago, like you i use to wake in the morning thinking it was all just a bad dream! only for reality to hit home once again, the emptiness of despair and sadness would fill my heart once again.
With time the pain of grief does get easter, time really is a great healer. Keep your mum in your heart and thoughts and she will always be there for you.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been keeping you, George, and your family in my prayers, Daniel...I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me and how much your life has impacted mine...in more ways then even I can count...

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com