Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom

Today my mom would have been 61. It's still hard to believe that she isn't here to whip up a Tuesday night dinner and celebrate it with us. Last year on Mom's big 60th we took her to Bennigan's for a big family dinner, then we went to Doc Ryan's for a drink. It was so much fun, everyone was in great spirits. I still can't believe this was only a couple of months before such a grim diagnosis. She never let it affect her quality of life, at least from what we could see. She pushed herself until the very end. And she made memories with us in those final months that we will never forget, despite what was happening inside of her. Just one of a million examples of what an entirely selfless person she was.

It was kind of ironic, when I left the house this morning, it was surprisingly cool and breezy... a refreshing relief amidst so many hot & humid days. It reminded me of my mom and the effect she had on everyone who loved her. No matter how bad things might seem at times, one conversation with my mom and in rushed the relief of that breeze I felt today. She was always there to encourage, love, and comfort... a true breath of fresh air when we needed it. It seemed so appropriate that her birthday be a day like today, after the brutal heat of yesterday.

When I look to the sky, and I feel that cool breeze on my face, I know she's with me. Her silent presence will always be in my heart, until we meet again in Heaven. I miss her like crazy, but I still feel her comfort and love every day. And I thank God for that.

Happy Birthday, Mom. You are SO loved and missed, every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com