Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

From Her Loving Husband...

My Dad asked me to post this for him:

"Had it any been but she, And that very face, There had been at least ere this, A dozen dozen in her place." (from a poem by John Suckling 1609-1642, the last stanza)

I remember reading this poem to Jeanette a long time ago and thinking how perfectly this applied to us meeting, and somehow knowing it was not the "accidental" meeting it could so easily have been. She truly was was a "Phantom of Delight" in every way, and as we all know she just got better every day. I believe that God too "delights" in people like Jeanette (Psalm 18:19) in much the same way we do, in fact, I'm sure even more. "In hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the world began." (Titus 1:2).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com