Jeanette Castady

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD, in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."
-Psalm 27 13:14


On August 1st, 2006 our Mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This blog is dedicated to her.

Friday, September 23, 2016

10 Years Later...

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here. But that doesn't mean we don't miss you every single day. It's hard to believe that in a couple of days it will be 10 years since I've seen your face or heard your voice. But in my mind I can still see and hear you so clearly, as if it was yesterday you were here with me. I know it will always be that way, that your memory will thrive in the legacy that you left. How could it not? Never have I known a person who as left such an impact on the people who were lucky enough to know and love them... or even just acquaintances, and sometimes perfect strangers. You were the best person I have ever known Mom, in every possible way. How lucky am I that God chose ME to be your daughter? Every single day I thank Him for that. If I remember correctly, I said something at your funeral that still rings so true in my heart each day... even though our time here on earth was cut short, I wouldn't trade it for a hundred years with anyone else. You were perfect in my eyes, and I just pray that I can be half the mom to my boys that you were to me. Life has gone on, but you are always remembered and cherished and missed. No amount of time will ever change that. Rest peacefully in eternity with Jesus, Mom, we all miss you and love you so much! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web jeanettecastady.blogspot.com